A message from Kirsten Sikkelee, CEO of YWCA Central Carolinas:
Dear YWCA Family,
Governor Cooper issued an executive order closing K-12 public schools statewide until March 30th and prohibiting mass gatherings of 100 people or more in response to the spread of COVID-19.
In light of both this action and guidance from the CDC encouraging social distancing, YWCA Central Carolinas will temporarily suspend operations of our fitness center and after-school programming effective Monday, March 16 until Monday, March 30th, unless guidance indicates extending closure beyond that date. We will provide continual coverage and security for our housing participants. Our housing and youth programs staff will continue to provide support virtually for the women and families we serve. We will provide updates as we progress through this unprecedented situation, together.
Please continue to be vigilant on the following personal items:
- Wash your hands frequently and for at least 20 seconds
- Maintain social distancing when possible (6 feet apart recommended)
- Avoid touching your face, especially around the mouth and eyes
- Practice respiratory hygiene – cough into your elbow
- If you are sick, stay home – we cannot emphasize this enough
Thank you for being a part of our YWCA family. Each one of us has an incredible opportunity to rise to this occasion and care for one another as we continue to keep our personal health a priority.