Beginning September 14, YWCA's indoor pool will operate at 30% capacity.
What to Expect at YWCA's Indoor Pool
In compliance with state guidelines, YWCA’s indoor pool will be operating at 30% capacity beginning September 14, 2020. Please be prepared prior to your arrival for updated policies and procedures:
- All non-class swimming is done by reservation.
- This is a member only service. There is no swimming reservation available for non-members.
- Members can make a reservation online or by calling the front desk at 704-525-5770.
- All types of swimming is welcome (Lap Swim, Free Swim, Family Swim, Water jogging, etc.).
- Lanes may accommodate one (1) household per lane (Limit of 5 per lane).
- Swimming will be limited 45-minute time blocks at the beginning of the hour.
- 5 lanes will be available to reserve online.
- You can make a swim reservation up to 5 days in advance. Each day’s reservation window will close at 11:59pm prior to that day (for example all reservations for a Tuesday swim will close at 11:59pm on Monday evening).
- Continuous failure to show up for a pre-booked reservation may revoke a member’s ability to reserve a lane in the future as we would like to ensure the service is fair to everyone.
- Complimentary use of pool floats (pull-buoys, kickboards, jogging belts, etc.) and shared exercise equipment have been temporarily removed from service.
- Sharing of equipment will be prohibited. All swimmers should bring their own personal equipment to use (kick board, pool buoys, fins, goggles, noodles, etc.)
- All lost and found items will be disposed of at the end of the day.
Reserve your pool spot now!
You can make a swim reservation up to 5 days in advance. Each day’s reservation window will close at 11:59pm prior to that day (for example all reservations for a Tuesday swim will close at 11:59pm on Monday evening).
Water Aerobics will be a first come; first served. All classes will be limited to 15 participants.
Monday through Friday: 8:00 am to 11:45 am; 4:00 pm – 6:45 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am to 11:45 am
Sunday: 1:00 pm to 4:45 pm
(All swimming is done by reservation)
Learn to Swim, Join a Water Aerobics Class or Swim Laps
The indoor pool at YWCA provides a welcoming environment for those who want an efficient low impact workout. Swimming is the best form of physical exercise that promotes good health, according to the recent study conducted by Swim England. Additional benefits include:
- More support for your body than exercise on land
- Less impact on your joints and bones
- Improved heart health
- Lowered blood pressure
- Reduced joint pain
- Increased bone strength
- Toned muscles
- Improved endurance