Volunteering; The Happiness Effect
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us. At the present time, guidance from Public Health encourages non-profit agencies to refrain from bringing volunteers into the workspace or into contact with staff or program participants if the agency is able to provide essential, critical services without them. However, you can make a difference by taking the steps below to help us eliminate racism and provide equity for ALL!
- Host a Stand Against Racism event in your neighborhood, faith-based community, and/or your business.
- Check your local police department’s Excessive Use of Force Policies and Procedures to make sure that the department is meeting the 8 policies to decrease police violence. #8CantWait.org
- Sign-up to participate in CMPD’s Citizens’ Academy. Citizens can learn first-hand about police operations through a series of lectures, simulated activities, practical sessions, and tours.
- Check with your city to see if there is a Citizens’ Review Board.
- Support the bill that would target police misconduct and racial bias by writing to your legislators to ask for their support.
- Visit the League of Women Voters‘ website to register to vote, find candidate information and much more at.
- Sign a Petition to End Violent Policing Against Black People.
- Become a Court Watcher through the ACLU. Contact Kristie Puckett-Williams at email@example.com
- Host a community conversation around the issues of equity, equality, racial justice, and bail reform.
- Sign the “Hands Up” Petition.
- Follow YWCA’s blog to expand your knowledge on frequently used racial justice terms.
- Read a book from our CEO’s book recommendation list.
- Volunteer for jail support for protestors with Charlotte Uprising – see their needs on Twitter at @cltuprising.
To share your interest in volunteering with YWCA, please complete the form below and we will contact you once it is safe to bring back our volunteers. Thank you!