There’s no better feeling than seeing a child’s reaction to getting a new book of their very own, exploring a new concept or simply seeing them enjoy time with friends. Their eyes grow wide, their jaws drop and they even scream with excitement.
Students from our Youth Learning Centers took time to tell us what makes YWCA Central Carolinas special to them.
Kids have a way with words. Some melt our hearts, and others put a smile on our faces. We hope these “I Love YWCA” notes, written by students at Southside Youth Learning Center, will bring you as much joy as being in our Youth Learning Centers has brought them!
1. Reading, writing, friends and games makes Amariah smile from ear to ear.
2. Jordan, the delight of first cracking open the cover for the first time gets me excited too!
3. Being a leader, helping and loving others are amazing qualities, Jamoriah! We are proud of you!
4. Great food, outdoor adventures, and time with friends sounds like Jeremy is living his best life!
5. Journey’s love of learning new computer skills is absolutely beautiful.
6. Alex, we agree that Ms. Canteen is the best! We are thankful for all she does each and every day!
We are honored that these students are a part of YWCA. Thank you to YWCA’s supporters who help create these incredible memories for our students! Because of you, children in Mecklenburg and Union County are improving their reading skills. By supporting YWCA Central Carolinas, you make a direct impact on countless lives.
Together, with your donations, we are working to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. Click here to learn how you can make a lasting impact for the children we serve.