YWCA Central Carolinas is proud to provide many needed resources throughout the community. YWCA’s team offers literacy support to students and their families throughout Mecklenburg and Union Counties through our Youth Programs. We help women and families focus on their short-and long-term goals in their journey to permanent housing through our transitional housing programs. YWCA connects community members to ways they can make an impact in racial justice initiatives. And YWCA provides a space for everyone to focus on their health goals through our co-ed gym.
And our work is strengthened through partnerships with organizations like Corning.
Corning shares YWCA’s commitment to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. They’ve supported YWCA’s programs and initiatives with various grants, sponsorships and volunteerism like:
Watch YWCA’s YWomenVote: A Non-Partisan Conversiation on Health from October 2020, sponsored by Corning.
- Sponsoring YWCA’s book club discussion in November 2020. YWCA supporters had a virtual conversation focusing on Robin DeAngelo’s White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard For White People To Talk About Race.
- Corning also sponsored YWCA’s 2021 Stand Against Racism. Miss out 2021 events? You can still watch our virtual forum, Addressing Racism as a Public Health Crisis.
- Directly providing financial support to YWCA’s Women In Transition program. This helped YWCA continue supporting over 60 women facing homelessness.
- Corning team members volunteered with YWCA, hosting a workshop on job readiness for YWCA’s Women In Transition participants.
- Supporting YWCA’s Summer 2021 YWorks newsletter.
With a partner like Corning, YWCA is empowered to fulfill our mission and continue serving the community.
Thank you Corning, for working with YWCA. We’re excited to see what’s next for our partnership.