We are excited to announce the re-opening of our Co-Ed Fitness Center on Monday, September 14th at 7am.
Monthly membership auto-drafts will be reactivated on that date, and pre-existing fitness membership accounts will be billed on the same day of the month as previously billed before YWCA’s closure in March. Individuals that are not ready to resume a fitness membership may contact YWCA’s fitness team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to request that an account remain frozen.
Our members will have access to group exercise classes, our indoor fitness facilities, and our indoor pool.
Expect New Hours
Our Co-Ed Fitness Center will gradually increase our hours of operation throughout the phases of our re-opening. Pool hours and fitness center hours will be slightly different. Please take note:
Fitness Center Hours:
Monday – Friday: 7am – 7pm
Saturday: 8am – 5pm
Sunday: 1pm – 5pm
Monday – Friday: 8am – 11:45am; 4pm – 6:45pm
Saturday: 8am – 11:45am
Sunday: 1pm – 4:45pm
What to Expect:
- Be prepared to have your temperature checked and to be asked five health screening questions (anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or above will not be permitted to enter).
- Dress appropriately before you arrive. Locker rooms will remain closed at this time.
- Please bring the personal items you need (a mat, towel, water bottle, etc.) and a face covering.
- All individuals will be required to wear a mask that covers both their nose and mouth when in common areas of the facility.
- Adhere to the physical distancing recommendations by keeping at least six feet away from others. Decals on the floor will help guide you.
- Expect reduced capacity. We have marked equipment that is available for use, and our classes will include fewer participants for now so that each person has at least 6 feet between them.
- Wipe down equipment, weights, mats, etc. before and after use with the cleaning materials provided.
- Our childcare room will be closed at this time.
- Please stay home if you’re sick or don’t feel well. The CDC and state public health officials encourage those who are considered part of a vulnerable population (seniors, individuals with underlying health conditions) to stay at home.
Helping to Keep You Safe
The health and safety of our staff, program participants and fitness center members remains our top priority. We are emphasizing safety and wellness by:
- Enhancing sanitization of equipment, surfaces and areas.
- Adding day-time cleaning staff to the facility.
- Adjusting hours to allow for more robust cleaning.
- Adding hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipe stations.
- Requiring masks for all individuals in the facility.
- Taking temperatures before team members, members and participants enter our facilities.
- Reducing capacity to maintain physical distancing.
- Implementing new COVID-19 education, training, and protocols for staff.
Additional information will be coming out as we near our re-opening, and we look forward to seeing you in person very soon!