A Moment of Silence on Thursday
YWCA's Stand Against Racism Forum
YWCA's Stand Against Racism
On Friday, June 26 YWCA Central Carolinas staff will be on Park Road to demonstrate in a public Stand Against Racism. To ensure the safety of our staff and housing participants, our Park Road Stand is limited to our staff, but we encourage you to host a Stand in your own neighborhood. We welcome supporters to drive by our Park Road campus and honk between 11am and 1pm. You can also place anti-racism signage in the window of your vehicle and drive around with it for the day!
- Holding up signs in your neighborhood that share racial and social equity statistics
- Holding up signs in front of your organization, while social distancing, that ask passersby to honk for “racial justice,” “if they will vote,” “want equity for all,” etc.
- Posting on social media how you or your organization will combat racism using the Stand Against Racism hashtags (#StandCLT, #StandAgainstRacism, #SAR2020)
- Posting on social media how COVID-19 has impacted you or your organization as well as the people you serve
- Sharing YWCA’s recommended reading and terms with friends, family and coworkers to expand knowledge and awareness on racial and social justice issues