1965

Our new de-segregated campus opens at 3420 Park Road and includes: housing for 66 women, a kitchen, indoor pool, exercise and meeting areas, lighted tennis courts and corporate offices.

Continue Reading1965

1964

After school and summer enrichment programs are established for children whose families receive public assistance. Efforts are made to include additional federally funded childcare. The Phyllis Wheatly Branch merges with…

Continue Reading1964

1917

YWCA creates the Business Women’s Employment Council to assist women in their work efforts during WWI. YWCA opens Charlotte’s first childcare center at Highland Park Mill. The Phyllis Wheatly Branch…

Continue Reading1917

1914

YWCA moves to East Trade Street. Further opportunities are created for women to learn about law, city government, banking, nursing and sales. Later, an employment bureau for women is established.

Continue Reading1914